14 October 2013

Lessons from the #Dreamjob

By GDW on Facebook

I'm a dad now. So apart from my "tokstrets", expect the usual totally biased, boastful and proud opinions about my kid, and the irrational partisan self-promoting evaluations about my performance as a parent, and the domination of baby pics on my wall.

I used to wonder why fb parent friends posted constantly about their kids. Now I have one and I totally get it. Everything else in life fades in comparison to being a parent. The thrill of being completely relied on for life itself, the smile of contentment when they lie in your arms, or fall asleep safely on your chest, beats riding the best roller-coasters or enjoying the best sights in the world (and I've been to some).

This is the greatest wonder of the world. And though I may thrive to be good at many things, I pray I may perform this job so well that my kid can confidently say that I make a great dad.

For every other vocation fades in significance, and no other can be as important in this bankrupt world, as being a father.

Heavenise night.

Ganjiki

No comments:

Post a Comment