19 March 2013

Akwinamak


Akwinamak
27/02/13

This day o'er two decades ago
While I was just learning to talk
Looking softly and tenderly
The infinite God He spoke 

"I shall make for this son a helper
A companion, his steady staff
A pillar of strength
His prime care giver"

And so she arrived
To tend with me this garden
Bred in central modesty
Guided by His Majesty

She waltzed into my vision
With a brethren's acute description
"Talk to the hand" said she
First attempt, oh poor me!

But love and curiosity grew
So much so that she consented
To hear me pledge allegiance
"Forsaking all others" I commented

This bride, me she dazzled
This man of many words 
I am left baffled

That God would give me this masterpiece
Carved by Mercy
She forgives my faults
Seasoned by truth
She affirms belief
Endowed with strength 
Steadies a shaky pace
Gives pause for wisdom's embrace

With drops of compassion
She points to vital burden
With wings of peace
She steadies my storm 
Her way of love
Never lets me starve
As St. Paul said before
She is my glory, my pride and more 

That Maker His mercy knows no end
His love it knows no limit
His faithfulness I can't comprehend
Amazing grace I do understand 
And I trust you see it too

All because He gave me you...

(c) Ganjiki D Wayne
27/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment