01 January 2013

What is time?

What is time?
Mere measure of the length of each our stays
In our brackets in eternity
The length of each our songs
playing at different tempos
To different melodies
With different lyrics
The clock has fooled us
Time doesn't restart, won't refresh
It doesn't do laps, but marathons and sprints
These few minutes of my song,
In which I pen these words,
I'll never recover...ever
My song has no pause, no fast forward
Worse still, no rewind
It started, and soon it will end
Alas I shall find, there's no replay
I find us celebrating a mere progress of our song
If time was not made easier to tell
By clocks and calendars
Would we notice its progress?
Would we give reflection
And make resolutions?
What is time?
But mere reminder of our mortality
The tester of our values
Revealer of vulnerabilities
Screamer of our delays
Permitter of our growth and decay
The salt of our longings and nostalgias
We wade through our song
Oblivious to time's ultimate closure
What is time?
A seeker of the end
Its own end
Our song's end...

Ganjiki D Wayne
1/1/13




Sent from R&G's iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment