06 April 2012

What's so Good about Good Friday!?

Happy Easter folks.

While the latest twists in our nation makes us a bit unhappy, there's no doubt that in the eternal scheme of things we have a lot to be happy for.

This weekend we remember the Greatest act of love ever demonstrated: A Holy God let's His HOLY INNOCENT Son die a cruel death ON BEHALF OF an unholy, sinful and rebellious people. To redeem them and clothe them with righteousness so they can be in the presence of the Father as if they were Holy....

When He hung on that cross He didn't see a faceless mass of humanity, He saw you. He saw me. It was personal. He saw the sins we'd commit and He still cried out to His Father, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Sometimes we (I know I do) feel that there are some people who do not deserve such grace. At this time our pollies would be in that category. But here's a hard truth, that same God who loves Mother Teresa, also loves the serial killer and the mad corrupt politician. We're all in the same basket of people who "crucify" the Lord with our continuous sinning. Yet His Grace is sufficient for EVERY ONE of us... He forgives us EVERY DAY for EVERY SINGLE SIN, in deed or thought.

I know I have offended people and said ugly things about people. And I've done wrong things. I'm thankful that I'm forgiven... And i hope the people I offend find it in their hearts to forgive me. And I need to repent and reconcile with God each day. But there are people out there who don't know Him and His love and forgiveness. If you haven't all you need to do is open your heart and receive that forgiveness.

Easter was a terrible time for our Lord, but it is a Glorious time for all of us. Our sins were paid for, our redemption settled, eternal homes prepared. All we have to do is reach out and receive...in faith.

So folks, the greatest story, as told in the greatest Book, stands out as a beacon of hope, in trying times. When our anger rises and we see around us justified causes to be angry with others, remember that the ONE PERSON who truly deserves to be angry, entitled to not forgive, did indeed forgive...not only that, He paid the price for redemption. And if HE forgives and lets go, who are we to hate, and be angry.

So I choose to forgive those who have done wrong to me and my country. Having said that let me say that I find that things need to be corrected and so will fervently fight for justice and righteousness to be restored. But I do so with a new perspective.

May God remind us all of how good this Good Friday is. And how great the Easter Story is...

Let us pray that God will, restore our country in justice, and restore it's integrity and dignity. And if he let's work with Him to answer those same prayers.

God bless Papua new Guinea

Heavenise weekend...

Ganjiki
(6/04/12)


Sent from R&G's iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment